Private Dinner Party, The Hickman's, Hayling Island



I have a fantastic bunch of clients and it is always a great accolade and a really rewarding experience to get invited back to cook for a second time, or even a third, fourth or more. I first cooked for Lisa and her family way back when I was at the very beginning of my own business and several times since so it was a particularly good day when I travelled to Hayling Island to cater a three course Dinner Party this Thursday. I served some delicious little canapes to kick off the celebration of Lisa's Parent's Golden Wedding Anniversary and followed with three more titillating plates of food utilising some fantastic ingredients. As always, Lisa and her family were perfect hosts and it really was a pleasure to be part of the momentous occasion. 

Although I am happy cooking in any kitchen, I love working with Lisa's gas stove burner and double oven and there is plenty of work space for me to spread out. With the Dining room adjacent to the kitchen with a little window between us, it was perfect to ensure things were running smoothly but not be in the way. Everything went down well and it was another brilliant Dinner Party to add to my repertoire.








Menu



Canapes:

Bruschetta, Blue Stilton, Caramelised red onion and Orange Chutney,
x x x
Blush Tomato and Green Olive, Basil, Garlic and Sunflower Seed Pesto,
x x x
Cured Salmon, Lime, Ginger, Sesame and Soy,


To Begin:

Saute King Prawn, Fire roasted Red Pepper, Balsamic, Rocket, 


Main-Course:

Duo of Asian Beef, roasted Peanut, Green Chilli, Coconut and Lime sauce,
Masala Spiced Fillet, Teryaki Braised Brisket,
Wild Mushroom and Garlic fried Rice, Coriander, Spring Onion, Thai Basil,


To Finish:
Trio of Desserts:

Pear and Anise Tarte Tatin, Stem Ginger Ice Cream,
x x x
Sticky Toffee Pudding, Peanut Butter Ice Cream,
x x x
White Chocolate, Pistachio and Mint Cheese Cake.
















For further enquiries, please contact me via email or telephone.
Tel: 07775560126   Email: Chef@Chefgary.co.uk

Comments