Private Dinner Party, Richard Craggs




It has been a long time coming to be cooking for Richard and his friends so it was great to be able to fit in a Christmas Dinner Party amongst my busiest Festive season yet. Travelling to Duck Farm near Winchester, it was a delight to meet Richard's mum, who was a perfect host when seeing me in. Keeping me engaged in conversation whilst setting up was both interesting and pleasing and it was a joy to learn about the history of the farm. An amazing old Building that had plenty of character and spiel, it was a pleasure to cook up a delectable feast of canapes and a further three courses for a festive group who obviously appreciated choice cuisine. I thought I would be fighting an uphill battle with Richard's palette regarding vegetables  so it was a triumph and acquisition to receive clean plates after each course. A fantastic day all round, I had a great day preparing and serving a menu that Richard gave me freedom with, so I served up a mix of some fine ingredients that I love to work with.





Menu


Canapes:
King Prawns, Thai Curry Sauce,
x x x
BBQ Spiced Confit Pork Belly,
x x x
Chipolatas, Pancetta, Seasame, Dijon, Honey,
x x x
King Prawn Roll, Sweet Chilli,
x x x
Smoked Mackerel Bruschetta, Horseradish, Black Pepper,
x x x
Goats Cheese Pesto Bruschetta, Blush Tomato,


To Start:

Parsnip and Apple Soup, Parsnip Crisps,


Main-Course:

Trio of Roast Duck, Red wine, Soy and Honey Gravy,
Confit of Crispy Leg, Pan fried 5 Spiced Breast, Shredded Duck Parcel,
Fondant Potato, Glazed baby Carrots, Green beans,



To Finish:

Trio of Desserts:
Sticky toffee Pudding, Salted Caramel ice Cream,
x x x
Chocolate Orange Fondant,
x x x
Mango and Raspberry Cheese Cake.






For further enquiries, please contact me via email or telephone.
Tel: 07775560126   Email: Chef@Chefgary.co.uk


Comments