Private Dinner Party, Mark, Judith, and Michel



 Everybody has a hero, be it a sports personality, a historic figure or even a fictional character. For me, being in the world of food from a young age, I have had many "Food Hero's," holding a lot of respect for some of the first chefs to make it big in the world of fine dining. Michel Roux is definitely up there amongst the best, ultimately being on the list as one of my greatest Hero's, way above so many others. And so it was with the greatest of anticipation, excitement and pride that I learnt I was going to be cooking for him as a guest at one of my Private Dinner Parties.

A true Gentleman, Michel came into the kitchen during the evening and we spoke in detail about the evening’s menu. My star dish was the Assiette of Venison and I received great compliments, “Cooking it perfectly, retaining both moisture and flavour, served with a wonderful Jus and excellent chilli and Balsamic glazed Beets”

Completely buzzing from the whole event, I had the most fantastic Dinner Party experience, shared with the most obliging guests. Mark and Judith were the perfect hosts, always making me most welcome, being the second time I cooked for them in their beautiful home and amazing kitchen. I didn't even mind when asked to present my food on their antic plates and although aged and dated, they gave a little character to the dishes.






Menu

Canapes:
Blush Tomato Bruschetta,
x x x
Crispy Duck roll, Sweet Chilli,
x x x
Marinated Crayfish Tails and King Prawns, Spiced Guacamole,

To Start:
Lemon and Dill Cured Salmon, Horseradish Crème Fraiche,
Salmon Cromesquis, Tamarind, Pickled Ginger,

Main-Course:
Assiette of Venison, Blackberry Gravy,
Pan seared Cutlet of loin,
Slow Roasted Haunch,
Pastis of Liver and confit Shank,
Rosemary and Garlic roasted New Potatoes,
Chilli and Balsamic Beetroot,
Saute Greens,

To Finish
Pear, Berry and Pecan Oat Crumble,
Vanilla Custard,

Cheese Board

Petit Fours













ChefGary
ChefGary Hampshire Dinner Parties

Comments