Private Dinner Party, Jules and Sue Porter, Wedding Anniversary



Of all my Top Dinner Parties over the years  it's so hard to pick a favourite as each one is so special and rewarding, although my latest 8 course extravaganza was definitely up there as a contender to be the one!  Cooking for such two lovely people was always going to make the Dinner Party a really special day as it was such a pleasure to be catering for good friends Jules and Sue. They did our Wedding photography back in 2007, and since then we have got together many times and grown closer over the years. Having total freedom with the menu gave me the opportunity to really push the boat out further than I have before and come up with a totally bespoke winning Menu. Having cooked for Jules and Sue for many occasions, I had a good idea what was going to work for them, creating a delectable and incredible food journey that I really wanted to impress for their 30 Year Wedding Anniversary Dinner. It was hard to go wrong with Beef Fillet Wellington as the Star dish, being the only course that Jules had specifically requested, the rest of the menu coming from the heart, testing the palette with each titillating plate.





Sue works with the most delightful old oven, even being Christened as Betsie. She does the job well and gives the Porter's Kitchen a wonderful atmosphere to work in. I used her to full potential on Tuesday night, first cooking up an array of canapes to be enjoyed outside with some bubbly whilst the sun was still out. I then had all flames blazing, preparing and serving a further seven courses. As the menu was a surprise, I went through each course at the table which was greeted with lots of wows and looks of excitement and anticipation.  Jules and Sue are both real food fans and it was great to chat after each plate of food, discussing ingredients and cooking styles. Joining them at the table during dessert made the end of the evening both jovial and intimate, ensuring towards a perfect Dinner Party. I then left Jules and Sue to enjoy  the rest of their Wedding anniversary and some exquisite cheeses on the comfy chairs whilst I packed away.








Menu

Canapes:
Crispy Duck Roll, Sweet Chilli Sauce,
x x x
Bruschetta, Tomato, Fresh Basil, Chilli,
x x x
Smoked Duck Breast, Cucumber, Spring Onion, Raspberry Balsamic,
x x x
Smoked Salmon Roullade, Cream Cheese, Lemon, Black Pepper,

To Begin:
Roasted Red Pepper Soup, Grilled Cheese and Blush Tomato Toast,

To Start:
Pressed Duck and Black Pudding Terrine,
Caramelised Red Onion and Ginger Chutney,

Fish-Course:
Marinated King Prawn, Garlic, Chilli, and Coriander, wrapped in Pancetta,
Sweet Potato Puree, Soured Red pepper Sauce,

Pallete Cleanser:
Raspberry Sorbet, Fresh Balsamic Raspberries,

Star-Course:
Beef Fillet Wellington, Parma Ham, Wild Mushroom Pate, Crisp Pastry,
Dauphinoise Potatoes, Saute Baby Vegetables, Red Wine Gravy,

To Finish:
Duo of Creme Brulee,
Bailey's, Toffee and Honeycomb,
x x x
Lime and Dark Chocolate, Popping Candy,

Cheese Board, Biscuits, Chutney.










"Last night was the best food I have ever tasted bar none!"
Jules

"Thank you so much for making our 30th Wedding Anniversary so special . The menu was perfect "  Sue

For further enquiries, please contact me via email or telephone.
Tel: 07775560126   Email: Chef@Chefgary.co.uk

Comments

I wanted to send you a note about last nights extravaganza you have cooked for Sue and I many times over the past 7 years and we have enjoyed them, my most memorable being New Years Eve a couple years ago when the food was simply amazing and I quite honestly thought that was the pinnacle of fine dining. That was until last night.

When I asked Sue what she would like to do for our 30th Wedding Anniversary she said how about a ChefGary sample menu evening and I am so pleased we did, All I asked you for was a "special" menu and I would like Beef Wellington as part of it.

Well the 8 YES 8 courses were all amazing, each one complimented the other perfectly from the very first mouthful of that duck right through to your cheese choices, each one just getting tastier and tastier, its very difficult to pick a favourite part of the evening but if I had to I think I would probably say the prawn, which was actually mini lobster size it was simply sex on a plate mate, amazing.

You have always been a great chef, always been an award winner and always been a great friend, last night one thing changed, you have raised the bar from a great chef to an awesome chef, I don't know how you did it but you have gone to a new culinary level.

The recent developments within ChefGary have been well worth the work mate, last night was the best food I have ever tasted bar none.

Thank you so much Jules and Sue
Unknown said…
Dear Jules and Sue,

It was a complete pleasure from start to finish. I am so glad you enjoyed all the courses! I shall be looking forwrads to the next event!!

ChefGary