Private Dinner Party, Dave and Val Everley




My latest Private Dinner Party was in celebration of Val's Birthday which was organised as a surprise by her husband Dave and their two daughters. My details were passed on though a previous hen party that I catered for earlier in the year so it was a great accolade that I was contacted on recommendation. 

I met with Dave a few weeks before the Dinner Party to discuss menu requirements and we decided to go with a Mediterranean theme, providing a series of Tapas style dishes that would suit Val's tastes and dining preferences. I love cooking all styles of food, but particularly have a fondness of Spanish and Italian cuisine, making use of robust flavours of garlic, ripened tomatoes, olives and fresh basil. We went with some cold cured meats and cheeses to begin, served with freshly made blush tomato, rosemary and black olive foccacia. I served a great variety of dishes in small portions in the middle of the table throughout the remainder of the evening and finished the Dinner off with my trade mark "Trio of Desserts"

I received plenty of great compliments for my cooking which always makes my job so rewarding and it was a complete pleasure to cook for such a friendly and benevolent group of people. I enjoyed a glass of champagne at the end of the meal which went down very well after an evenings cooking.









Menu

Parma ham, Rocket leaves, Olive oil, Cracked Black Pepper,
x x x
Sliced Chorizo, Fresh red Chilli, Spring onion,
x x x
Fillet of beef carpacio, Parmesan shavings, Olive oil, Cracked Black Pepper,
x x x
Manchego Cheese, Black Olives, Blush Tomato, Fresh Basil,
x x x
Tiger Bread, Granary and Sesame loaf, Blush Tomato and Rosemary Foccacia,


Slow roast Pork Shoulder, Gralic butter,
x x x
Marinated chicken thighs, Red Pesto and Garlic,
x x x
Breaded mussels, Peppered Breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese,
x x x 
Seared King Prawns, Roasted Butternut Squash,
x x x 
King Prawns and sizzling Chorizo,
x x x 
Seafood Paella, Roasted peppers, Garlic, Chicken, Pork, Chorizo, King Prawns, Salmon,
x x x 

Sweet Potato Bravas, Tomato and Chilli sauce,
x x x

Chickpeas, Garlic, Shallots, Peppers, Tomatoes and baby Spinach,
x x x 
Greek salad, Feta, Cherry Tomatoes, cucumber, Black Olives,
x x x
Mozzarella, Blush tomatoes, Fresh basil, Avocado,


Trio Of Desserts

Chocolate Cheese Cake, Walnut Chocolate Brownie base,
x x x
Vanilla Creme Brulee,
x x x
Apple Tart Tartin, Vanilla Ice Cream.













"The food was superb. we  got the relaxed evening with wonderful Mediterranean food that I love. Thank you also for leaving my kitchen just as you found it. I am so often left disappointed after a family celebratory meal out but last night I certainly wasn't.  We all thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thank you again it was wonderful!"
Val Everley


"Thank you so much for Vals special birthday dinner party last night providing exactly what you promised. 
My daughters following our meeting were excited and Sunday could not come fast enough for them and you did not let us down as all the family were impressed with the food and presentation which could not be faulted. 
Val loved it, so thank you again and we will have no hesitation in recommending you to friends. 
 
Dave Everley




For further enquiries, please contact me via email or telephone.
Tel: 07775560126   Email: Chef@Chefgary.co.uk

Comments