Private Dinner Party, Sue Porter, Birthday Celebration.

"Jules and Sue Porter are at the top of the list when it comes to experiencing and enjoying 
ChefGary's Private Dinner Parties"








I love cooking for people who love good food and Jules and Sue Porter are at the top of the list when it comes to experiencing and enjoying ChefGary's Private Dinner Parties. We became great friends since they produced some amazing photography at our wedding nearly five years ago and since I started my Private Dinner Party business we have been seeing a lot more of each other! Jules is also a fantastic chef and I have experienced some of his fab curries which I also love to cook, being a great lover of utilising Asian spices and Asian cooking styles. 

I sat down with Jules and his lovely wife Sue about a month ago to plan a menu for her upcoming  big 50! Sue gave me a great list of likes/dislikes to work on and I put up a selection of dishes together which was then narrowed down to produce the final draft with seven delightful courses! 

I attained great pleasure from preparing the food for a comradely bunch of friends and had greater rapture and delectation from serving it on the evening. It was also great to see Mark and Cindy Billington whom I have also cooked for on several occasions, topping the evening off perfectly. As always, Jules and Sue were formidable hosts and made me part of their celebration. Joining in at the table with all the guests is always an honour and receiving such great compliments really makes my work so rewarding.




Menu


Canapes:
White crab meat, celeriac, grapefruit, lemon, black pepper,
x x x
Bruschetta, Blush tomato, red chilli, griled halloumi,
x x x
Bresaola, Queen olives, blush tomato, Parmesan,

Soup:
Roasted red pepper, tomato, chorizo and chilli,

To Start:
Saute King prawns, chorizo, rocket leaves,

To Refresh:
Pink champagne and raspberry sorbet,

Main-Course:
Assiette of Roast chicken, Red wine and tarragon gravy,
Seared breast, Parma ham, Confit of drumstick, 
Crispy roast thigh, wild mushroom stuffing,
Roasted sweet potato fondant, Curly Kale, Roasted Carrots, 

Dessert:
Duo of creme brulee,
Vanilla and honeycomb, Raspberry and white chocolate,

To Finish:
Cheese board, 
Crackers, celery, apple, black grapes, 
caramelised red onion chutney.













Thanks to Jules for the great photos of the canapes!

Comments