Medllions of fillet steak, crispy smoked pancetta, Saint Agur




I love all cuts of steak, but especially enjoy cooking with the fillet. It is extremely tender and lean, being the traditional cut used for Beef Wellington. Wrapped in Parma ham and puff pastry with wild mushroom pate, it is easy to see why it has become one of my most popular dishes I regularly cook at my Private Dinner Parties.  I wanted to try out a different recipe as fillet can be so versatile, so tonight I enjoyed it at home with my lovely wife. I often practise variations of different dishes out to perfect my recipes and it really was a great dinner, gaining flavour and texture from the crispy smoked pancetta. I melted some Saint Agur atop the steak and also made a creamy blue cheese sauce with plenty of cracked black pepper added at the end. I layered the medallions with puff pastry squares, absorbing all the juices and mopping up the beautiful sauce. Yum yum yum. ;-)





ChefGary
ChefGary Hampshire Dinner Parties

Comments